Rishi Sunak is Britain's first Indian-origin Prime Minister. The former Chancellor of the Exchequer, a devout Hindu, is the youthful British prime minister in 210 years and is the first Hindu Prime Minister of Indian heritage in the UK. Sunak has been a member of the Conservative Party for Richmond (Yorks) since 2015.
- Born: 12 May 1980 (age 42)
- Birthplace: Southampton, Hampshire, England
- Political party: Conservative
- Wife: Akshata Murty (m. 2009)
- Children: 2 daughters
- Close relatives: N.R. Narayana Murthy (father-in-law), Sudha Murty (mother-in-law), Rohan Murty (brother-in-law)
- Residences: 10 Downing Street, London; Chequers, Aylesbury
- Education: Winchester College
- Alma mater: Lincoln College, Oxford (BA), Stanford University (MBA)
Rishi Sunak was born on 12 May, 1980, in Southampton, East Africa, to Indian parents Yashvir and Usha Sunak. His grandparents were born in British India's Punjab province. They migrated to the UK from East Africa in the 1960s with their children.
Sunak studied at Winchester College and studied Philosophy, Politics, and Economics at Lincoln College, Oxford, in 2001. He also did his MBA as a Fulbright Scholar from Stanford University in 2006. He married Akshata Murty (daughter of Infosys founder NR Narayan Murthy) in 2009. The couple has two children together.
Rishi started his career by working for the investment bank Goldman Sachs as an analyst between 2001-2004. After this, he worked for the barricade fund operation establishment The Children's Investment Fund Management and in 2006, he came to a mate of the company. In 2010, he joined The lame mates.
He also served as a director of Catamaran Ventures (an investment establishment possessed by his father-in-law). Sunak was named as the Conservative seeker for Richmond (Yorks) in October 2014. At the same time, he was the head of the" Black and Minority Ethnical (BME) exploration Unit" of the think tank Policy Exchange.
Sunak came MP from the constituency with a maturity of 36.2 percent votes, in 2015. He was also a member of the Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs Select Committee from 2015 to 17.
Rishi Sunak was re-elected from his seat in the 2017 general choices and from 2018 to 2019, he served as the Administrative Under-Secretary of State for Original Government. He was appointed Chief Secretary to Treasury by Boris Johnson and also came a member of the Privy Council, in 2019 and was re-elected in the 2019 general election.
On 05 July, 2022, Sunak abnegated from his post along with minister Sajid Javid, expressing a lack of confidence in Johnson's leadership, and in the last of that week, he blazoned his high clerical shot, and outgunned the first two rounds of the race within the Conservative party and came the first Indian-origin Prime Minister of Britain.
Rishi Sunak is a Hindu and took his pledge as an MP at the House of Commons on the Bhagavad Gita. He married Akshata Murty in August 2009. Akshata is the son of Indian billionaire N.R. Narayana Murthy, who's the author of the technology company Infosys. The couple has two daughters. Akshata is a director of her father's investment establishment, Catamaran gambles. The couple haw own Kirby Sigston Manor in the vill of Kirby Sigston, North Yorkshire, an extension apartment on Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica, California and a mews house in Earl's Court in central London, a flat on the Old Brompton Road, South Kensington. Sunak formerly said that he's an abstainer. He stated he's a Coca-Cola addict and now has seven dental paddings due to inordinate consumption when he was young. He was a governor of the East London Science School. Sunak has a Labrador called' Nova' and is a justice, steed racing, and tennis sucker.
His youngish family Sanjay is a psychologist and his family Raakhi is the Chief of Strategy and Planning at Education Can not stay, the United Nations global fund for education. Sunak is close to James Forsyth( The Spectator's political editor), whom he has known since their academy days. Sunak was the stylish man at Forsyth's marriage to the intelligencer Allegra Stratton, and they're godparents to each other's children. The Sunday Times Rich List 2022 named Sunak and Murty the 222nd flush people in the United Kingdom, with an estimated combined wealth of £ 730 million, making Sunak the" first frontline politician to join the rich list".
- Rishi Sunak is the first Hindu and Asian-origin PM of the British Kingdom. He is a descendant of immigrants from Britain’s old empire, India. His grandparents belonged from Punjab.
- Sunak’s grandfather Ramdas Sunak migrated to Nairobi, Kenya in 1935. Sunak’s father Yashveer, who was born in Nairobi in 1949, immigrated to England in 1966. Later, He tied the knot with Usha Berry who also had Indian roots. Berry was the daughter of Raghubir Berry, a Punjabi who had moved to Tanganyika (today’s Tanzania), and Tanganyika-born Suraksha. Yashveer and Usha Sunak were both pharmacists and they were blessed with a baby boy in 1980 and named him Rishi Sunak.
- Born in 1980 in England’s Southampton, Sunak got a degree in Philosophy from Winchester college and then went on to pursue Politics and Economics at Oxford University followed by an MBA degree from Stanford.
- Rishi Sunak is married to Akshata Murty, daughter of the Indian billionaire NR Narayana Murthy. The combined fortune of Sunak and his wife Akshata Murty is estimated at £730 million, the double estimated wealth (£300 million-£350 million) of King Charles III and Camilla, the Queen Consort.
- Sunak announced his candidature in the Conservative party leadership election to replace Boris Johnson on 8 July 2022.
- Sunak has served as Chancellor of the Exchequer from 2020 to 2022 and as Chief Secretary to the Treasury from 2019 to 2020.
- He had a successful business career before entering politics. He previously co-founded a prominent investment firm.
- Ladbrokes rates him as a joint favourite with former Defence Secretary Penny Mordaunt.
- Also known as ‘Dishy’ Rishi, he was put in a precarious position because of his wife’s non-dom tax status.
- Sunak previously held the positions of Chief Secretary to the Treasury and Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Local Government.
- "We rise to challenges, we will meet them, we're well prepared for them, we'll get through them and we'll emerge on the other side stronger."
- "I'm a first generation immigrant.
- More generally, I strongly believe in the importance of fiscal responsibility."
- "There can be no lasting prosperity for our people, if we do not protect our planet."
- "Pragmatism, Fiscal responsibility, A belief in work, Unshakeable optimism, About the future, This is who I am, This is what I stand for, This is what it will take."